Monday, September 21, 2009

Sedum, Ageratum, etc







Two pics of the sedum, just a week or so apart, show the nice change in color, from a creamy white to a soft pink.
I first saw the ageratum, or floss flower, as a few lonely stalks in the back of our yard. I loved it, and so dug it up and moved it to more nourishing ground, where it's now flourishing. Actually, it's an invasive plant that is popping up all over the yard. But I still love it, and it's easy to pull up from places it's not wanted. The blooms started opening this week, and soon I expect to see masses of cheery blue blooms. The Virginia spiderwort next to the ageratum has been blooming all summer long.
I also managed to catch a couple of butterflies with the camera this weekend - a golden fiery skipper on the matching french marigold and a painted lady on the coneflower.

No comments: