Monday, April 5, 2010

Welcome Home

While I was away over the last week and a half  I knew that the growth in the garden at home was in high gear - but I was still amazed at what I saw when I arrived home.  Azaleas in full bloom, others heavily laden with buds about to burst.  The clematis vine full of buds and foliage, dogwoods and dianthus blooming.  The mint ready to be picked for the season's first mint juleps.  The crabapple and japanese maple trees are beautiful, even as the pollen coats the leaves of the japanese maple.  What a welcome home!

4 comments:

Tom - 7th Street Cottage said...

We've got the same things going on. My Japanese Maple leafed out in a matter of days. The dogwoods are blooming. Even the first azaleas have cracked with lots more to come. The mint, a tiny sprig last year, has become a wanderer. I'm gonna need a lot of julep. ;)

Amy said...

What a nice...welcome home for you. You have so many pretty blooms in your garden. I love the Japanese maple.

F Cameron said...

Ginny,

Thank you for stopping by my blog today.

Your garden looks wonderful! Your spring flowers are ahead of us here, but with today's 92 degree weather, we won't be far behind.

Cheers,
Cameron

sweetbay said...

Spring is coming fast isn't it? Now if it will just stay warm and not freeze! It's such a wonderful time of year.